Friday, February 16, 2007

Hammer of Truth

There used to be (sorta still is) a libertarian-community blog owned by Stephen VanDyke called called the Hammer of Truth. I enjoyed reading it, it was (at the time) the only libertarian blog I would reguarly check out (as in daily).

Stephen was working on a project called LibertyMix which was supposed to be basically a much, much better version of the Hammer of Truth site from what I understand. Even got something like 10,000$ in donations for it's development, from what I've heard.

Then people started getting cranky (understandably) because there had been no signs of progress for months. Accusations of fraud, etc. Then finally, Stephen said it was almost ready and it was supposed to have been launched in early December. Since 12/14, a message saying that "you will hear from me in the coming days will be the directions to the signup page " has been on the HoT and LM pages. Nothing's changed since then.

Are the critics right, Stephen? Did you simply take off with the hard-earned money of your (former) readers? If not, please give us an update!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yoshi,

I don't know if it is fraud or simple incompetence, but I don't think we should expect LibertyMix to debut or Hammer of Truth to return anytime soon.

Here are the details as we know them.