Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Quitting Smoking

So, after some thought and discussion with a friend, I'm going to take a break from smoking for a while. She's going to be quitting for a while because she wants to prove to herself that she is not addicted. That's not an issue with me, as I know I'm not addicted.

The issue for me is money. Since living in this area, I've been smoking a lot more than I usually would. It's much more accessabile in this area, and cheaper, and i've been spending about 400$/month on it. That's money that could be better spent on better things - specifically, I could take that money and visit her more often. I guess it's true what they say - if you're gonna smoke it, grow it yourself. Street prices ain't worth it.

I feel really stupid looking back at how much money I've been spending lately. 400$ would have covered the cost of visiting her for a few days, plus the cost of a hotel and car rental. I need to see her more often.

It's been almost a year since we've seen each other, though we talk to each other at least once a day on the phone. There have been a lot of ups and downs, but the strains of time & distance have been wearing down on our relationship. I need to know if we're going to take our relationship serious or not.

If not, it was time well spent - and time to get ready for NH.

If so, well, I'm sorry guys - but she's more important.
What's liberty if you can't enjoy what you love?

No comments: